High School Admissions
What can Valley Catholic offer you?
Valley Catholic High School seeks students with strong academic skills, a sincere interest in learning, and a desire to be an active member of the school’s extracurricular life.
Valley Catholic School admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of educational policies, admissions policies, scholarships, financial aid, loan programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.
Learn more about Valley Catholic’s tradition of excellence in our 2023-24 Viewbook.
Contact Admissions Director Kalani Efstathiou at email@example.com with your admissions questions.
A completed application package includes:
- An application via Finalsite Enrollment online
- High School Placement Test (HSPT) scores – offered at Valley Catholic on Dec. 1 and 2. Scores can be sent to Valley Catholic if the test is taken with a different Portland-area Catholic high school.
- Unofficial copies of permanent records from previous schools (transcripts and standardized test scores).
- Recommendations from an English or Language Arts teacher, math teacher, and a principal or counselor from the student’s previous school via Finalsite Enrollment – link will be available in early December.
Tuition and Scholarships
Financial Aid | We use the tuition management company “FACTS” to process financial aid. | 2023 – 2024 Tuition Rate: $17,700
The Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon and the faculty and staff of Valley Catholic School, in partnership with our parents, provide excellent, affordable Catholic values-based education to students in the Portland metropolitan area.
Special Events for Incoming Freshman Applicants
- Science Exploration Night* – Oct. 24
- Fine Arts Immersion Night* – Nov. 8
- Academic Night (parents invited) – Nov. 15
- A Very Valiant Christmas – Dec. 7
* Requires pre-registration. Pre-registration is also encouraged for Academic Night and A Very Valiant Christmas. The admissions office will send out registration information to students who have created an admissions account approximately two weeks before each event.